2022 IONA Summer School
As the long summer vacation approaches, parents ponder the various activities for their school-age children. The IONA Islamic Summer School is entrusted by the community as an annual program that aims at making a beneficial use of eight weeks of the summer vacation for children and youth.
The envisioned mission of the program aims at promoting a strong sense of Islamic identity, teaching proper behavior, enrichment of religious knowledge, exposure to Islamic heritage, and development of interpersonal communication among children.
- The school begins on Monday, June 27th and ends on Thursday, August 18th, in sha Allah
- We are accepting students ages 5 to 13
- School hours are from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday through Thursday
- Qur’an, Hadith, Arabic and Sirah will be taught
- Tuition is $400 per child per summer, $650 for two siblings and $900 for three siblings (applies to brothers and sisters ONLY)
- A $50 non-refundable registration fee for each student paid at time of enrollment
- Dress code: Proper Islamic dress is required for both boys and girls. Girls must wear a navy jilbab and a white scarf and boys must wear navy pants (blue jeans allowed) and white shirts or T-shirts. No shorts allowed.
Registration forms may be obtained from the IONA Center and submitted to the Principal, Sr. Souad Soubra, who is available on Sundays between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM at the IONA Center.
To register, use one of the options below: